[syslog-ng] Solaris Client Not sending to Central Log Host

Geller, Sandor (IT) Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Mon Jan 5 15:44:11 CET 2009

Hi,

> Thanks Sandor.
> Do you see anything that would prevent the client from
> sending to the log host?

Sorry, seems like I skipped that part of your mail :(

Rereading it I think that your config does contain a syntax
error, so I'm surprised that syslog-ng is actually running
with this destination:

destination d_centralhost {
udp("10.5.2.3")
port(514);
};

port should be enclosed within udp(), like this:
udp(10.5.2.3 port(514));

Regards,

Sandor