[syslog-ng] syslog-ng takes 100% CPU(RHEL 5)

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Feb 24 10:59:13 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 15:35 +0900, Yoshinobu Ushida wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are running syslog-ng-2.1.1-5.el5 on a RHEL5. The problem in HP-UX
> was heard fixed and I want to do the upgrade. but,libdbi8.so.0() is
> necessary for 2.1.3. This is not found. Where is libdbi8.so.0()? Please
> tell me.

what kind of binaries are you using? PE/OSE binaries supplied by
BalaBit, or you are using binaries from another source?

libdbi8.so seems to indicate that you are using our binaries. In
syslog-ng 2.1 we changed the soname of libdbi to avoid collision with
the system supplied libdbi.

With syslog-ng 3.0, our binaries come as a bundle with all dependant
libraries in the same tarball, therefore the soname change is not
necessary anymore.

So please give me some more details, then I can probably help.