[syslog-ng] Expected performance

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Thu Feb 19 16:36:07 CET 2009

Jeff Dell wrote:
> The problem is MySQL and other traditional relational databases can't handle
> that amount of data. That is why log management companies have moved away
> from the traditional relational database engines and use other means to
> store/query the data.

Any ideas of what those might be just curious what the highend stuff is
doing. If I was faced with more then 50hosts I would probably go back to
flat files in a tree

hostname->Month/year->day->rawlogs

Then you just have to develop some search scripts that can handle
digging down the tree and making the results pretty [for the VP's since
many would just use grep off the commandline].

-Mike