[syslog-ng] Cannot compile loggen

fredzy padzy fredzyy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:54:28 CET 2009

Hi everyone !

Ok, i'm quite ashamed to ask this ... but i'm not very good in compiling,
and i'm sure it must be easy to solve
But i do not succeed !

I discovered that php-syslog-ng provide loggen, written by bazsi.

I need this tool since i must benchmark my syslog-ng server.

The problem is that our customized version of this OS lacks a lot of
librairies and i cannot compile loggen

( FI, i use a pkg of syslog-ng for solaris, since i couldn't compile it,
because of too many librairies that where missing)

i tried to compil loggen, but didn't succeed :(

I tried a simple "gcc loggen.c -o loggen" and i was told :
loggen.c:1:20 config.h:No such file or dorectory

In which package should i find this config.h file ? because a lot of other
tools (like perl) have one

The make command give me another error like it doesn't find any "../../
configure.in" which is normal i think.

How did you guys managed to compil it ?

thanks in advance :)