[syslog-ng] [patch] log messages duplicated with syslog-ng version 3.0.1

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Feb 5 11:11:48 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 11:18 +1300, chris packham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We were looking at migrating our system to use syslog-ng 3.0.1 and found that with our configuration we ended up with duplicated log messages. After some investigation this turned out to be a problem in the way templates were compiled.
>
> Attached is a patch that addresses this.

you are right, but the same issue was reported the Peter Eckel. I've
fixed this as a reply to his message, and also pushed a similar patch:

commit 60aeab750e952b3a69714ea47e2aa31683c761fd
Author: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
Date:   Thu Feb 5 10:50:45 2009 +0100

    fixed the references for non-inline templates

    this patch fixes template expansion for non-inline templates. The parser code
    caused these templates to be compiled as many times as they were referenced,
    which in turn concatenated the previously compiled value and the currently
    compiled value.