[syslog-ng] Writing to a named Pipe

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Feb 5 11:10:27 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 12:06 +0000, Pedro Rafael Alves Simoes wrote:
> The patch worked. Is there any way to create the pipes on the fly?

I've just pushed these patches to syslog-ng 3.0 repository:

commit 44fbc3f955755d6772f5a8919b647d61b10bccd5
Author: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
Date:   Thu Feb 5 11:09:17 2009 +0100

    [affile] allow the use of macros in the case of named pipes

    previously syslog-ng did not allow the use of templates in naming
    destination named pipes. now it can do that.

commit 5f5d4bd914798c10eef01f6baaf575bc0e3c1557
Author: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
Date:   Thu Feb 5 11:08:11 2009 +0100

    [affile] make it possible to create named pipes

    As reported on the mailing list, syslog-ng is not currently capable of
    creating named pipes on its own. This patch will make syslog-ng
    autocreate pipes when needed.

With these, I think you can accomplish what you want.

Tomorrow's nightly snapshot should contain these.