[syslog-ng] Memory Exhaust

Zoltán Pallagi pzolee at balabit.hu
Mon Dec 21 15:00:23 CET 2009

Hi,

This error message comes from your yacc implementation, not from
syslog-ng. I think the stack size is too low and your config is too large.
You can override the stack size limit if you put the "#define
YYSTACKSIZE 1000" line at the beginning of cfg-grammar.y (of course, you
can also give other limit for this value).
And you need to recompile the syslog-ng as well

For more informations, see the subject of "YACC Stack Overflow" email in
this mailing list, because the problem seems to be same.
And I think, you should optimize your config as well.

I hope to help you in this problem.

blizzards at libero.it írta:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm using syslog-ng 3.0.5. I have a very large configuration, more
> than 5000 lines, at my site.
> I write non only to a plain text file, but i
> redirect all traffic to another syslog-ng server with 10 templetas with udp
> socket.
> If i start the service, syslog-ng give me this error:
>
> Memory Exhaust
> at line 3666.
>
> If i cut off my configuration at line 3665, the service start
> correctly. Someone can help me with this issue? Maybe memory leak bug?
>
> Gix.

pzolee