[syslog-ng] 3.03 filtering problem

Tim Boyer tim at denmantire.com
Wed Dec 16 20:53:44 CET 2009

> OK, I assume that this is something stupid I'm doing - but
> I've stared at the config file for a week, and I'll be darned if I can see
it.

I'll answer my own message here, for the record.  I was right - it was
something stupid.

> log { source(server); filter(fserver_dhcpd);
> destination(dserver_dhcpd);
> flags(final); };

A few lines before this, I had basically the same thing, except I was
filtering the daemon facility, and using 'flags final'.  dhcpd gets reported
through daemon; it was going to the daemon.log and not ever hitting the
dhcpd filter.

Guess I should have stared for a week and a half...

-- tim --

--
Tim Boyer
Denman Tire Corporation