[syslog-ng] supervise/syslog-ng exits

Kārlis Repsons repsons at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:32:29 CET 2009

On Monday 14 December 2009 18:50:44 Siem Korteweg wrote:
> Karlis,
>
> From the manpage of sendmail:
> Sendmail is not intended as a user interface routine; other programs
>  provide user-friendly front ends; sendmail is used only to deliver
>  pre-formatted messages.
>
> Use mailx -s <subject> <address> to send stdin to the address.
Thank you for pointing me to that!

> What is the purpose of the fifo in your script? Use a temporary file
...not to use temporary file... :)
But maybe I'll change my mind.

> (or
> shell variables)
I was afraid, that there might be something, which shell variable might have
problems to contain, was I unnecessarily precautious about that? Can it
contain newlines ($ a=$(echo); echo -n $a gives me nothing!)?