[syslog-ng] colored messages

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sun Dec 6 16:33:54 CET 2009

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution. It is really appreciated. There are two
questions regarding the integration of your contribution:

1) can you please you (or your employer) sign the contributory license
agreement (http://www.balabit.com/dl/CLA_patch.pdf), this allows us to
synchronize the OSE tree with the PE tree (which let's us flow patches
in both directions)

2) in addition to the legalese, I'd like to know if there's anyone else
who would think this feature is useful as a core syslog-ng feature. I'm
working on a way to make syslog-ng plugins possible, where this module
would make perfect sense.

However we're still not there yet, but I don't want to keep useful
functionality outside just because I'm not yet finished with the plugin
code.

So is there anyone who would also use message coloring? Do you need this
flexibility as the patch supports?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to respond.