[syslog-ng] Problems with syslog-ng

Jain, Vaibhav (GE Healthcare) Vaibhav.Jain at ge.com
Fri Aug 28 07:53:17 CEST 2009

Hello,

Can anybody help me?

Regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: Jain, Vaibhav (GE Healthcare)
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:18 PM
To: 'Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list'
Subject: [syslog-ng] Problems with syslog-ng

Hi,

I am using syslog-ng open source 3.0.3-1 ( rhel5.amd64) version. I need
your help on following problems :-

1) If Network is down then how does syslog-ng client and server handles
the log messages ?

2) If Syslog-ng client is down then how does it handles the log messages
?

3) If Syslog-ng server is down then how does it handles the log messages
?

4) If log file got rotated then how does syslog-ng reads the log ?

If these feature are not present in the syslog-ng open source then let
me know how to implement it (just give me a basic idea.)

Note: I know disk buffer is available only in syslog-ng premium version.
But please suggest some other way to do this. Because I don't have
premium version.

Regards,
Vaibhav