[syslog-ng] program destination problem (again...)

Fegan, Joe Joe.Fegan at hp.com
Thu Aug 13 11:47:53 CEST 2009

In "ps -elf" do you see your script? Does the pid stay the same as time advances, or does it change (which would mean it's exiting and being replaced with a new instance by syslog-ng automatically). You could add a start and end marker to see if it's starting at all and if/when it's exiting. Like:

#!/bin/bash
echo "$0 started `date`" >> /tmp/debug.log
while read line ; do
echo $line >> /tmp/testlog
done
echo "$0 exited `date`" >> /tmp/debug.log