[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng open source version -- program_override option

Jain, Vaibhav (GE Healthcare) Vaibhav.Jain at ge.com
Wed Aug 12 10:54:16 CEST 2009

Hi Bazsi,

I want to send all the log messages from client machine to server mahine
in the same file. I have installed the syslog-ng client on client
machine and syslog-ng server on server. I am passing the source file
name with the log message using FILE_NAME and template. And I am
receiveing the log message on server side. And using match macro I am
pushing log messages in the file name present in the log message. But
now on the server side the log message is actual mesg + file name.so I
want to delete the file name from the received mesg. So that the
received mesg would be same as original messsge. The use of file name in
the message is only to detemine the source file name. So that I can push
the log in the same file in the server side. ( basically same file name
replica on cline side and server side )

Example =>

Clinet = org mesg + file name

Server side = extract / mactch the file name from the received mesg and
push the original mesg in that log file with out file name in the mesg
content

Let me know how to remove the filename string from the received mesg so
that I can get the actual mesg?

- V