[syslog-ng] Having syslog-ng send to a central server via local6

Patrick Topping ptopping at pobox.com
Tue Apr 28 07:01:41 CEST 2009

I am setting up syslog-ng to tail a database query log and have it sent
to a central server for analysis / archiving.  I have it partially
working.  I am able to send the UDP packets to the central server but I
cannot get them to be sent to central server @ local6.  Below is my
source, destination, & log  lines:

*source s_general_db_log {
  file ("/var/lib/mysql/mysql/general_log.CSV" flags(no-parse)
follow_freq(1) program_override("vchat3dev-db002_mysql_db_log:") ); };

destination d_central { udp( "10.0.4.162" port(514) ); };

log { source(s_general_db_log); destination(d_central); };

*I have tried adding in a facility option to the destination but it does
not work.  Any help with what I am missing would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-Patrick