[syslog-ng] Parser-DB Memory Leak

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Apr 27 15:30:23 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 12:30 -0500, Martin Holste wrote:
> I tried compiling with memtrace, and it segfaults right away no matter
> what on memtrace.c line 450.  I will try running with valgrind and let
> you know.

memtrace does not work well (e.g. it immediately segfaults) if the slice
allocator is enabled in glib. So to get any success with memtrace, you
need to specify

G_SLICE=always-malloc

in the environment before starting up syslog-ng. However, for simple
memleak debugging valgrind is better than memtrace, so you should stick
to that.