[syslog-ng] Question about logStore alternative ..

fredzy padzy fredzyy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 16:30:36 CEST 2009

Hy everyone

I'm wondering if it's could be possible to make the same thing that the
logStore does (even if it's not as strong as, or as efficient as).

Actually, it seems that the PreniumVersion of SyslogNG isn't ready yet for
my plateform, and i just though about building a kind of 'homemade'
logStore.
(but of course, not declared in my syslog-ng.conf ... but acting in my txt
log file, in a another directory)

I'm using AIDE for a few days, but it doesn't look to handle chunks of file,
which Prenium Edition seems to use

Moreover, it has to be launched every time a log is written, and i'm pretty
sure it will warn about a lot of false positive.

any idea ????

bye :)