[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng - UDP templates

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Sep 26 15:48:36 CEST 2008

On 9 Sep 2008, Balazs Scheidler uttered the following:
> I can't remember which version got support for template() option in
> udp(), but 1.6.x is definitely too old, and you should upgrade to at
> least 2.0.x
>
> This is definitely an Open Source feature.

And have I said how much it rocks? It let me shrink a 3000-line
syslog-ng.conf down to 400 lines. It's still rather repetitious but
it no longer drives grown men to tears looking at it. :)

--
`Not even vi uses vi key bindings for its command line.' --- PdS