[syslog-ng] syslog-ng won't log to syslog server

Azizul azizuldarus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 08:35:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have install syslog-ng on my remote server. I need to centralized my pflog
(firewall log) and snort alert to the syslog server. For your info i have
successfully log all log except the pflog and snort alert. I have define the
snort alert as local0.info and pflog as local1.info. Can you all give me the
sample of configuration?

I have tcpdump for and grep the local1.info and local0.info and its show on
console. I'm confuse why the system not write to destination that i specify.

Below is some configuration that i do on syslog-ng.conf (destination):
destination local0 { file("/var/log/remote/local0.log"); };
destination local1 { file("/var/log/remote/local1.log"); };

TQ

--
MUHAMMAD AZIZUL DARUS
http://www.foodmalaysia.net