[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng - UDP templates

Thibaud Desodt tdesodt at tango04.net
Tue Sep 9 17:40:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to configure syslog-ng (running on OpenSUSE 11.0) to forward
a message to another server through UDP. I would like to modify the
message's format, therefore I tried to use "template()" without success.
(parsing error while restarting the syslog)
The version installed with this distribution is 1.6.12, and from what I
understood, the feature is available in later versions (1.6rc3 ?) . Is
it available in the OpenSource Edition or only in the Premium Edition ?
and where can I find it ?

Thanks in advance

Thibaud