[syslog-ng] Anyone Using Mailgraph (an RRD based Tool) for Postfix Mail Logs???

concatenate infosec at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:28:28 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:40 AM,  <wiskbroom at hotmail.com> wrote:

> This worked indeed! Thank you.  Is there any other way to achieve this?
> While this fixes this problem, it breaks other functionality I have in
> place, i.e. my logrotate scripts and some other SEC rules.
>
> Thanks!

No problem.

I'd see about turning long_hostnames back on - then overriding the
setting with a macro in a template, using something like $HOST_FROM or
one of those. I'm sure you can find one that doesn't have the chained
names in it. At that point, you just have the graphing scripts look at
the templatized graphs.

Feed the long hostnames (non-templatized logs) to SEC, and it should
be happy. The only thing I can't speak to is your logrotate settings,
since I don't know what it needs.