[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 2 nics

Hubert Kupper hk13 at gmx.de
Wed Sep 3 12:48:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

after I removed the second nic and added it again to the syslog-ng server everything works fine now. I don't know why, but it do.

Thanks and regards
Boert

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:03:33 +0200
> Von: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
> Betreff: Re: [syslog-ng] syslog-ng 2 nics

> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 06:50 +0200, Hubert Kupper wrote:
> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > > Datum: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:30:48 +0200
> > > Von: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
> > > An: Syslog-ng users\' and developers\' mailing list
> <syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu>
> > > Betreff: Re: [syslog-ng] syslog-ng 2 nics
> >

> > > Have you checked that:
> > >   * syslog-ng is bound to the new interface (either because of a
> 0.0.0.0
> > > bind, or because you have two udp() sources each bound to their
> > > respective interface)
> > >   * packet filter does not filter out these messages
> > >
> > > You can check the first by issuing "netstat -np  | grep 514" and check
> > > which interfaces syslog-ng has bound to.
> > >
> > > The second, well check that your packet filter is not in the way.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Bazsi
> > >
> > Hi,
> > I checked the first issue with "netstat -np | grep 514" and it returned
> nothing! A grep syslog-ng returned "DGRAM 10006 3413/syslog-ng /dev/log"
> > Syslog-ng is still logging entries for all host on the first nic and one
> host on the second nic!
>
> Hmm.. were you running netstat as root? It might not show everything if
> you run it as a non-root user.
>
> If there's no listening socket, I can't see how it would possibly log
> anything on either nics.
>
> --
> Bazsi

> Documentation:

Psssst! Schon das coole Video vom GMX MultiMessenger gesehen?
Der Eine für Alle: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/messenger03