[syslog-ng] syslog-ng and multiple interfaces

brandon askme brandons.maillist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 00:48:50 CEST 2008

Hello-
I have successfully moved all of our servers over to syslog-ng. All but a
few are reporting to the remote "logging" server I have setup. What I have
found is that the clients that are not reporting have multiple interfaces,
IE eth0, eth0:1, eth1 etc.. Thus the current firewall rules are not setup to
allow all the ips. So my question is, can I configure syslog-ng to only use
a certain ip/interface when sending the logs to the remote logging server?
The clients and the remote logging server are running Linux.

Thanks
-Brandon