[syslog-ng] syslog-ng .2.1.1 AIX module libglib-2.0.a(libglib-2.0.so.0) could not be loaded

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Oct 22 10:24:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 14:27 +0200, CentralRegion IPAdmin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found it
>
> "--enable-static-linking" configure option did not work, but it works
> with  this:
>
> ./configure --disable-dynamic-linking

There are 3 linking modes of syslog-ng:

 * dynamic: are libraries are linked in dynamically, requires dynamic
libraries on all hosts (--enable-dynamic-linking))
 * static: all libraries are linked in statically, requires static
versions of all libs on the build host (--enable-static-linking)
 * mixed (used to be default for 2.0): most 3rd party libraries are
linked in statically, but the system libraries are linked dynamically.
(when both of the above are disabled)

I agree that the configure options may not be the most intuitive to use.

I've just pushed a patch that adds an explicit --enable-mixed-linking
option to make it easier to use.