[syslog-ng] syslog-ng .2.1.1 AIX module libglib-2.0.a(libglib-2.0.so.0) could not be loaded

CentralRegion IPAdmin IPADMIN at de.ibm.com
Tue Oct 21 10:49:02 CEST 2008

Hi Sandor,
Thanks for responding.
I have to install syslog-ng on many devices. That is why I want to avoid
to install the library.
Is there anything else I can try?
Werner

Subject:        Re: [syslog-ng] syslog-ng .2.1.1 AIX module
libglib-2.0.a(libglib-2.0.so.0) could not be loaded

Hi,

> Hi
>
> I have configured and compiled syslog-ng 2.1.1 on AIX 5.2
> using the DEFAULT configure options.
> I can start the binary on the device where I have compiled
> it, but when I transfer it to another AIX device I'm getting
> an error saying
> "Could not load program ./syslog-ng.2.1.1:
> Dependent module libglib-2.0.a(libglib-2.0.so.0) could not be loaded.
> Could not load module libglib-2.0.a(libglib-2.0.so.0).
> System error: No such file or directory"
>
> I have tried the same with version 2.0.9 - This works fine.
> Do you have an idea what I have to change for 2.1.1?

Dynamic linking is the new default for 2.1.

The easiest would be to install the required glib version on
the other hosts. You can also recompile syslog-ng and link it
statically (use the --enable-static-linking configure option).

Regards,

Sandor
Documentation:
http://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/?product=syslog-ng