[syslog-ng] (no subject)

Geller, Sandor (IT) Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Wed Oct 8 11:23:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

> > > My syslog-ng server is on debian eth.
> > > I woudl like to know how can I push on my server:
> > > - my client /var/log/dkpg.log, /varl/log/samba/ "host".log,
> > > /var/log/samba/wtmp and utmp directory ?
> >
> > Use rsync. syslog isn't a transport.
>
> yes,  but how can I log on the server syslog-ng my samba or
> bind log which are in a directory
> like /var/log/samba/... or /var/log/named/... on my client

You have a few options:

1. samba could log to syslog as well, see the syslog option.
 bind could use syslog as well, see its logging statement.

2. you can use the file() source of syslog-ng, however you can't
 use wildcards in filenames so you have to configure samba to
 use a single logfile instead of separate files for hosts

3. write your own program which collects the logs and send it
 to syslog. You could use this program either as a syslog-ng
 source or your code could use the syslog() libc function, it's
 up to you.

Regards,

Sandor