[syslog-ng] Reload does not free up RAM

Evan Rempel erempel at uvic.ca
Sun Oct 5 22:49:30 CEST 2008

Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> Both PE and OSE frees up disk/memory when possible. If they don't, then
> that's probably a leak.
>
> So if your syslog-ng process is 2GB in size, and you didn't specify an
> overly large log_fifo_size(), it's probably because of a leak.

I have a large log_fifo_size() but the process starts small, grows when it needs
to buffer, and does NOT get small again when the destination is available.

>> 2. The buffer space should be thrown away only after the message
>>     has been delivered to the destination.
>
> I see, this is what should happen now.

This does not appear to be happening.
I am using OSE 2.0.8 Have there been memory fixes/changes since then?
Is there a way to get buffer count statistics out? How many messages are
in each fifo buffer?

Evan.