[syslog-ng] Eventlog NOT FOUND despite installation

Paul Jasa pjasa at univision.net
Wed Nov 26 16:01:36 CET 2008

Thanks.  The issue had to do with the pkg-config search path (defined by
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH, which was missing on my system).  In case it helps
anyone else, it was fixed by adding/editing the following lines on the
.bash_profile file in my home directory as follows:

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/l
ocal/sbin:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/
export PATH

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH