[syslog-ng] parser option in v2.1.3?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Nov 20 09:30:45 CET 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 11:17 -0800, Saunders, Shawn wrote:
> Do you classify the 3.0 src as RC or Stable?

I have made no "official" releases of the 3.0 codebase yet, however
nearly all of the functionality there comes from the Premium Edition,
which has already been released as stable.

I keep the two branches in sync manually, but the OSE tree is now
up-to-date with regards to fixes in the PE version. There are occasional
hiccups, like the compilation problem in your other e-mail.

As I outlined in one of my previous e-mails, I'm in the process of
changing the scripts performing the release as there are too many manual
steps involved right now, which I get wrong from time to time. Once that
is done, I can allocate some testers to do release testing and create an
official release.

But apart from these organizational issues, I consider the code in the
git repository complete and stable, and I don't plan to break it in the
nearfuture. :) Rather, I'd open a new branch instead, if I want to add
new stuff.