[syslog-ng] Need some help with syslog-ng configuration on firewalled environment

Ankit Kukreja ankit at nagarro.com
Wed Nov 19 16:52:52 CET 2008

Hi All,

Need some help with syslog configuration on firewalled environment. I wanted
to implement syslog-ng in firewalled environment. The setup is like:

I have one Syslog-ng outside the firewall which collects logs from various
components in the network. Now what I want is to pass on these logs from
this syslog-ng server (outside firewall) to a syslog server inside the
firewall i.e. to make the whole setup firewall friendly.

One of the standard way to make anything firewall friendly is that the
communications between two server should be started from the server inside
the firewall. Is there a way we can do this with syslog-ng?

Can someone please provide some insights, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Ankit Kukreja