[syslog-ng] Filtering duplicate messages

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Fri May 30 07:34:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 12:16 +1200, chris packham wrote:
> Here's the updated patch. I've ditched the "suppress" name in favour
> of
> the more appropriate "summary" option and "last_msg" function naming.
> References are used instead of making a copy of the last message.
> Timer
> based flushing is now implemented.

I actually liked the "suppress" name better, people looking for this
functionality will most probably look for this word in the documentation
or via google.

The patch generally looks nice, there are some minor nitpicks here and
there, but I'll change those when integrating the patch, it's faster
that way.

I'll have to wait till the decision on the CLA question, and then
integrate it.

Release wise, I wanted to do a 2.1beta2 release today, but it would be
nice to add this patch before that, and I'm going for Nordic Nagios Meet
in Sweden next week. (some nice people organized a conference in Sweden
and invited me to do a syslog-ng talk)

I don't want to do another beta release after this one, so I'll hurry
the legal guys and if I get a green light I'll do a release today or
during the weekend.

Thanks again for your contribution, the patch is nicely done.