[syslog-ng] specify destination filename in message?

Robert Ulbrich rulbrich at capsher.com
Wed May 7 18:17:18 CEST 2008

Howdy All!

I am not sure if this is possible with syslog-ng alone, but I thought I
would see if any clever minds could conceive a solution ;-).

I would like to be able to specify a destination file by putting the
filename in the message itself. My thought is that I could include the
filename as the file thing in the message and then use some pattern
matching/replacement macro in the configuration file to route the
message to the proper file.

Is this possible?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE!

--