[syslog-ng] Logrotate Not Rotating All - Need Help Matching Rules

wiskbroom at hotmail.com wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 18:17:23 CEST 2008

My logrotate.d/syslog-ng file contains a few entries for many different logs, see below.

My syslog-ng.conf automatically creates entries for many different hosts, each with unique hostnames, depending on their purpose.
The "purpose" for the hosts each have a different subdir under /var/log/Myhosts/, i.e. /var/log/Myhosts/Switches and /var/log/Myhosts/Firewalls.

Logrotate does not work unless I've added each host separately under my logrotate conf, which is impossible since I dynamically create these entries via mysyslog-ng.conf  .

Any help greatly appreciated.

.vp

/var/log/Myhosts/*/*.log \
/var/log/Myhosts/Switches/*/*.log \
/var/log/Myhosts/*.log /var/log/messages \
/var/log/secure \
/var/log/maillog \
/var/log/spooler \
/var/log/boot.log \
/var/log/cron \
/var/log/mail/* {
        missingok
        weekly
        rotate 4
        create
        compress
        copytruncate
        ifempty
#    olddir /var/log/Myhosts/Archived-Logs/
        sharedscripts
        postrotate
        sharedscripts
        postrotate
                n/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog-ng.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null || true
        endscript