[syslog-ng] logging facility in log file

Jing CDL Sun sjing at cn.ibm.com
Mon Jun 30 07:03:05 CEST 2008

Hi, ALL

I am using syslog-ng to do remote logging for facility of "local6" and
priority of "warn", the log server is Linux system(SLES10 SP1), it works
well with the message content, only one problem is the keyword of "local6"
is not logged in the log file, please see the details below:
on c890mgrs4(Linux)
Jun 25 20:53:34 c890f12ec07 root: sunjing test 1
Jun 25 20:53:38 c890f12ec07 root: sunjing test 2

I did the same thing on AIX log server, while it could log the keyword of
"local6" in log file:
on c890mgrs3(AIX)
Jun 25 20:53:34 c890f12ec07 local6:warn|warning c890f12ec07 root: sunjing
test 1
Jun 25 20:53:38 c890f12ec07 local6:warn|warning c890f12ec07 root: sunjing
test 2

So I am guessing that I did not enable this facility logging in syslog-ng,
maybe syslog-ng has a certain configuration that could let the "facility"
logged in message file, am I right? or could you point me to the correct
method? I need this "facility" information to develop my applications.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Sun Jing(孙靖)
IBM China Software Development Laboratory
Tel: (86-10) 82453625   E-mail: sjing at cn.ibm.com
Address:5F Deshi Building No.9 Shangdi East Road Haidian District,Beijing
City P.R.China 100085, P.R.China.