[syslog-ng] Collecting logs from a chrooted appli

Geller, Sandor (IT) Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Fri Jun 6 10:48:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Well in fact the application create a file to log into, not a
> stream, can syslog-ng get a file in a chroot for a source,
> seams to work only with stream that are in a chroot.

It doesn't matter whether the file is in the chroot or not as
syslog-ng shouldn't know anything about the chroot.

I'm not sure but you should use the 2.0 line of syslog-ng, see
the follow_freq() option - it might help in cases where the
file isn't in place during syslog-ng startup.

BTW does you application append to its logfile or it creates a
new file when it starts?

Regards,

Sandor