[syslog-ng] How to skip parsing?

Clay Loveless clay at killersoft.com
Mon Jun 2 06:45:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm relatively new to syslog-ng, but have dug in enough to see that
there's an option in 2.0.9 (possibly earlier as well) to skip message
parsing that throws off the "unparseable log message" errors.

In src/logmsg.c, there's apparently a flag that can be set to skip
parsing. (See line 140).

I have one particular message source that I'd like to skip parsing on.
What I haven't been able to determine is how to configure syslog-
ng.conf with the flag that would skip the parsing of the log message.

Can anyone help out on this?

Thanks,
Clay

--