[syslog-ng] Example 3.4. Script to feed a growing logfile into syslog-ng

Chris Pratt pratt70 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 19:10:13 CEST 2008

Followed http://www.syslog.org/syslog-ng/v2/#id2535001 and created some
tail logger combos to feed some growing logfiles into syslog-ng.

Issue that I am need to get around is that while I haven't missed
capturing any messages this way the time stamps in syslog-ng seem to be
when logger actually gets the line into syslog rather than that of the
tailed files line.  I have a very quick-filling file (logged 143
messages yesterday all at 14:15:18) and when I view syslog-ng these are
stamped up to 14:15:36 and no longer in any order.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.