[syslog-ng] NetScreen Statistics

Geller, Sandor (IT) Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Thu Jul 3 08:17:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I got it going again and now see that the firewall is
> connected to syslog-ng. Thing is, where are the logs going?
> Nothing seems to be showing up in /var/log which seems to be
> the default location for logs.

Please, could you at least show your config? There is no default
syslog-ng config. You should either write your own or copy one
of the example configs from the tarball and customise it.

Without seeing your actual config we're not able to help you,
really.

Also it would be quite useful for syslog-ng newbies to read the
included reference guide for getting familiar with syslog-ng.

BTW if you're concerned about logging then you shouldn't use
UDP at all.

Regards,

Sandor