[syslog-ng] Latest RHEL5 build doesn't contains fix for PID

Kostyantyn Gushtin kgushtin at n-ix.com.ua
Tue Jul 1 15:31:46 CEST 2008

Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 14:47 +0300, Kostyantyn Gushtin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I just download and try latest build 2.1beta2
>> (syslog-ng-2.1beta1-1.i386.rpm , libdbi8-0.8.2bb2-2.i386.rpm).
>>
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Are you sure you downloaded beta2? Can you show me the file size,
> modification date, etc?
>

>> But I have the same problem with PID macro as before, it contains non
>> valid integer values(some text). I try syslog-ng rpm's for RHEL5.

I download it again and install on clean machine but result was the same.
Some info from package :

Name        : syslog-ng                    Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.1beta1                          Vendor: Balabit IT Ltd.
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Fri 18 Apr 2008
07:31:08 PM EEST
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: sun64.balabit
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
syslog-ng-2.1beta1-1.src.rpm
Size        : 643256                           License: GPL
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Tamas Pal <folti at balabit.com>
URL         : http://www.balabit.com
Summary     : Next generation system logging daemon
Description :
 Syslog-ng is a next generation system logger daemon which provides more
 capabilities and is has a more flexible configuration then the traditional
 syslog daemon.

But I think now the problem is that there is no beta2 package for RHEL-5.
For example for RHEL-4 there is syslog-ng-2.1beta2-1.i386.rpm, but for
RHEL-5 there is syslog-ng-2.1beta1-1.i386.rpm
So I downloaded old version beta1 that has this bug. So, can you build
new version for RHEL-5 ? (I mean beta2 or syslog-ng-2.1beta2-1.i386.rpm
for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5)
--
Kostyantyn Gushtin
Software engineer