[syslog-ng] Win syslog-agent PRI

Eli Stair estair at ilm.com
Tue Jan 29 19:22:26 CET 2008

I'm curious about this: though the source is not "open", is it still available
for review/compilation, or is the windows agent distributed as a pre-compiled
binary only?  I'm curious because while I'd prefer (in theory) to use the
syslog-ng agent on windows machines to forward to my syslog-ng servers... one
of the benefits of using the available ones (evtsys, snare) is the ability to
at least diagnose, resolve, and post back fixes when necessary.

Obviously whatever your company decides is its right, but my policy is not to
run free (unsupported) binary-only software because of the inability to at
least post a sensible bug report.

Looking forward to checking it out either way however, since I'm also not
against buying software ;)

Thanks for all the great work.

/eli