[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng too many open files

Joe Fegan joe_fegan at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 19:00:33 CET 2008

Hi Pedro,

If you are not expecting syslog-ng to open so many files then we should
be investigating why it is, not investigating how to raise the limit.

Do you end up with thousands of unexpected files in the output directory?
Does the lsof output and/or syslog-ng error messages give you any hint
about the naming pattern of the new files? Can you send on your
syslog-ng.conf file and some complete error messages.

Joe.