[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 2.0.7 major problem

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Jan 17 11:09:23 CET 2008

Hi,

I've been biten by a non-trivial change in the 2.0.x branch again, so
there's a quite severe problem in 2.0.7:

- it does not close and reopen files when a SIGHUP is received.

This causes problems for log rotation, especially if the files are
compressed after rotation. The problematic patch is this:

http://git.balabit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=syslog-ng/syslog-ng--mainline--2.0.git;a=commit;h=e7fab310a71572405877ee1cf76ab8a7b23cff9a

I've pushed an experimental patch to fix the issue:

http://git.balabit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=syslog-ng/syslog-ng--mainline--2.0.git;a=commit;h=a8b9878ab38b10d24df7b773c8c580d341b22383

I'm goint to be much stricter to myself when deciding whether to include
a patch to the 2.0.x branch in the nearfuture.

Sorry for the problem.