[syslog-ng] Date and Host in Syslog Format Need Swapping

infosec at gmail.com infosec at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 03:35:00 CET 2008

According to basic syslog message formatting rules the hostname in that message *is* indeed "2008", unfortunately.

Either use bad_hostnames("2008") or set keep_hostnames() to no or false (or whatever the negative is) and use DNS to get the hostnames.

To understand why "2008" is the hostname read the page called something like "about syslog" linked off the syslog-ng FAQ.