[syslog-ng] [patch] Fixes for 2.0.7 on not ipv6 aware systems

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Jan 8 09:13:37 CET 2008

Hi,

Wow, syslog-ng 2.0.7 was not even announced yed, it was released
yesterday, I wanted to do the announcement today.

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 21:32 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I'm maintaining syslog-ng as part of the Cygwin net distro.  Today I
> tried to build 2.0.7 and came across a couple of problems, which were
> mostly due to the fact that the current Cygwin release 1.5.25 is not
> ipv6 aware.  While this is rectified in Cygwin's CVS, the current
> release is still based on older code.
>
> Below you find a patch which solves the following problems:
>
> - Two functions in src/afsocket.c use AF_INET6 even if ENABLED_IPV6
>   is not defined.
>
> - The new loggen tool has a typo in usage(), printing -i instead of
>   -I for the interval arg.
>
> - loggen has a bug in the option handling.  Due to a missing colon
>   in the option string, it crashes when using the -s option.

I have commited these patches as they are trivial changes, thus do not
need a CLA.

> - loggen uses getaddrinfo/freeaddrinfo even on systems on which
>   HAVE_GETADDRINFO is undefined.  I created replacement code using
>   gethostbyname/gertservbyname on systems lacking getaddrinfo.

I did not commit this one as this would require a signed CLA. Either I
fix this on my own or you sign a Contributory License Agreement. Do you
think the latter is feasible for you?

http://www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng/opensource-logging-system/contribution/

> ChangeLog and diff below.
>
> Another problem I have is this:  Given that loggen is in the tests
> subdir, I'm wondering if it's correct that loggen is installed to
> ${bindir} when running `make install'.  Is that really supposed to
> happen or should `make install' skip loggen?

It was meant to be installed, though putting it to "tests" might not be
the best idea. "loggen" can be used to check the performance of one's
configuration.