[syslog-ng] UDP Works, TCP Does Not

Baxter, Scott Scott.Baxter at schwab.com
Mon Jan 7 16:09:13 CET 2008

Ip filtering is no issue as its not running on these 2 nodes.  UDP is
working but tcp is not.  Keep in mind that this is brand new to me...

This is Solaris 10 to Solaris 10.  Here is my short and simple config:

options {
use_fqdn(no);
use_dns(no);
log_fifo_size(4096);
log_msg_size(8192);
sync(0);
time_reopen(10);
stats(3600); };

source logs {
internal();
sun-streams("/dev/log");
udp();
tcp(max_connections(100) keep-alive(yes)); };

# Log files to log to send remotely...
source auth { file("/var/log/auth"); };
source cron { file("/var/log/cron"); };
source mail { file("/var/log/mail"); };

# My loghost and it's destination...
destination loghost { tcp("10.104.100.223" port (514)); };

# What we are sending off...
log { source(logs); destination(loghost); };
log { source(auth); destination(loghost); };
log { source(cron); destination(loghost); };
log { source(mail); destination(loghost); };

Any hints is appreciated.

Scott