[syslog-ng] Antw: Re: Syslog-ng sometime dies at 04:02

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Feb 19 17:39:08 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 17:10 +0100, Peter Michael Calum wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Found it ! - And changed to a stop / start sequence
>
> Then we will se tomorrow..

I'd be grateful if you could help me debug this problem, why syslog-ng
crashes upon the receipt of a reload signal.

Doing a full restart is not very good, upon restart some messages may be
lost.

To help me debug, please enable core dumps (ulimit -c unlimited) before
starting syslog-ng, and wait for it to dump core.