[syslog-ng] anybody using flags(fallback) ?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Fri Feb 8 13:27:19 CET 2008

Hi,

As I wrote earlier I'm in the process of redesigning syslog-ng
internals, and some log statement flags are way more difficult to
implement than with the previous model.

These are:
"final" -- I see the merit here, and even though it's more difficult to
implement, it's worth it

"fallback" -- as I see this can perfectly be substituted by a series of
lost statement each with "final" flag.

Using the final flag is also faster, as syslog-ng does not have to
evaluate filters.

What do you think? Does anyone use fallback in a way that is not
possible using final?

If you need more information on the flags above, it is described in the
documentation:

http://www.balabit.com/dl/html/syslog-ng-admin-guide_en.html/ch08s03.html