[syslog-ng] Memory leaks...?

Alexander Clouter ac56 at soas.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 09:53:57 CET 2008

Hi,

Strange, I was just chatting about this with my colleague a minute ago and
turned to look at the mail I received and here is your email...spooky.

Eiji Inatsu <le.petit.planet at gmail.com> [20080204 12:00:37 +0900]:

> Hi,
> and finally physical memory and swap spaces are exhausted.
> Is this a memory leak or not?
>
> My version
> # /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng -V
> syslog-ng 2.0.2
> My H/W and OS
> Solaris 10, sparc 64
>
> This syslog-ng is running about 2 or 3 days until restarted.
> This host is central loghost and receives about 40GB data per day.

Up to about a two weeks ago (for six months) syslog-ng started off with 2MB
of RAM usage and I had about two weeks before I had to restart it as it
creeped up to 2GB.

We were running 2.0.5 however when I moved to 2.0.7 the problem disappeared.

I guess I would recommend you up to a newer version, there have been a lot of
bug fixes since 2.0.2 and you should move on :)

Cheers

Alex