[syslog-ng] Problem compiling syslog-ng with enable-spoof-source on AIX 5.2

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Dec 20 17:44:49 CET 2008

Disclaimer: I'm working for BalaBit, and this e-mail contains references
for commercial offerings, because I think that the easiest approach is
that way. Please skip, if you are not interested.

On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 13:43 +0100, CentralRegion IPAdmin wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks Sandor,
> it seems that the proposed version of libnet is not destined for AIX.
> :-((

We have successfully compiled libnet on AIX and syslog-ng PE 3.0 does
support spoof-source on AIX, however this is not the case with syslog-ng
PE 2.1 nor syslog-ng OSE binaries.

Since we are already working on the binary package support on OSE 3.0, I
could provide you with an OSE 3.0 binary snapshot that works on AIX and
has spoof-source support. Later, if this works out for you, you can
purchase an OSE binary subscription to obtain the final build.

Price-wise, the Premium Edition has the highest cost, but that's
available immediately. The OSE subscription has much lower price but
still needs some work. And of course I might be able to help you with
libnet compilation, but that requires a lot of time.