[syslog-ng] checking configuration file syntax

Geller, Sandor (IT) Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Wed Dec 10 14:27:42 CET 2008

Hi,

AFAIK such errors can't be catched with the syntax check. The file is
syntactically correct, so the lexer used for parsing the configfile
returns without an error.

The references are only verified when syslog-ng actually initialises,
which won't happen when you're running it with -s.

Regards,

Sandor