[syslog-ng] 答复: Need help to send logs to a different server

Lavannya swap_project at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 18:04:46 CET 2008

Thanks to both of you.

I have configured  our  existing log master  , following  both of your  advice  seperately.  But  the server  where I am trying to forward the logs
is  not  listening the port  I am mentioning.

I tested  as follows:

       1.   I took  a server where  syslog-ng  is not at all installe.
            checked,  but did not find  any log which is being forwarded
            by the central log master

       2..  Took one server  which  is  already  a client  , and
            syslog-ng  is installed  already  as  it is a client server.
            In that server also  did not find any logs which  is being
            forwarded by the central log master.

In both the servers  where I tested,  iptables  is turned off. Moreover found, that  the central log  master  is broken too.

Pl. guide me more where ,i am missing  for this configuration.

Thanks again